Friday, February 24, 2012

Isabel's Journal: 8-14-16 to 1-1-17

October 14, 1916

The kittens have grown up and they can all walk now!  Hollykit was the first one to go to the bathroom outside, but Leafkit and Flowerkit are both improving.  Today, Lillian and Ivy came to shop at my store!  Ivy bought the most beautiful dress I sold, and Lillian bought a new parasol, commenting that it was much prettier than the last one she bought.  You can’t imagine how happy I am!  Oh, I see more customers already!  I must stop now.


December 19, 1916

I’ve been so busy, there wasn’t time to write!  I’ve made enough money for an automobile, and I shall buy one for Da on his birthday in ten days!  I shall buy a blue one, for that is his favorite color.


December 29, 1916

Da is simply delighted!  He promises to take me to the movie theater and watch the movie Intolerance.  He insists that we leave right away.  I must leave now, before he gets mad.  I wouldn’t want that to happen on his birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment