Tuesday, March 6, 2012

HeatherClan Book: Chapter 28

Chapter 28: The Sign

Silverstar awoke with a jolt. Panicked, she stumbled out of her den and raced for Jaywing's den.

"Jaywing!" she hissed urgently.
"Wha?  Whatisit?" he meowed blearily.
"I had a dream about the Dark Forest cats!  They're building an army!" Silverstar couldn't mask the fear in her voice.
At this, Jaywing woke up completely.  Only pausing to call for Aurorapaw, he turned to Silverstar and meowed, "Tell me everything that was in your dream."
Quickly and softly, Silverstar relayed the dream to the two medicine cats.  Aurorapaw's eyes widened at the thought of Dark Forest cats building an army, but she kept silent.
"This is bad..." Jaywing muttered.
"But with an army so big, how can we stop it before it begins?" Aurorapaw mused.
"I want to call a Clan meeting," meowed Silverstar.  "But I'm afraid they'll be too scared, and might act before they think.  That will lose if they attack, and cats will die, even if the four Clans unite.  But it is nearly impossible to make Tigerstar stop without a fight.  His ambition is too great!"
"We also have the problem of FearClan and NightClan.  They'll keep attacking, and they're helping Tigerstar, too," added Aurorapaw quietly.
"So we only have CloudClan and StormClan as allies." Jaywing concluded
"I..." Aurorapaw hesitated.  "I had a dream, too.  At first I didn't think it mean anything, but now I think it does."  
Silverstar looked interested.  "What was it?" she asked.
"Well, I was standing at the edge of the sundrown place, looking down at the water.  I thought it was just an image I had imagined from the stories my mother told about it.  But now... I think it was a message from StarClan.  See, as I watched, the waves grew smaller and smaller, as if the water was retreating, and drying up.  I watched until it was almost gone.  Then, slowly but surely, the water came back, the waves regaining their strength and power, until the ocean was full again."  Aurorapaw finished, staring expectantly at Jaywing.
"WaveClan..." he breathed.  "FearClan didn't finish them after all.  We can still bring them back!"
Silverstar purred.  "Well done, Aurorapaw."
She called in Goldenfur, explained everything to her, and huddling together, the four cats began to concoct a plan...

No comments:

Post a Comment