Friday, February 24, 2012

Isabel's Journal: 5-31-16 to 8-1-16

May 31, 1916

I have graduated from school!  Now, it shall be much easier for me to get any new job.  I have decided to start my own sewing company, for I have earned enough money from working at Janah Seams.  I also have more experience from working there.  First, I shall buy a tenement.  I shall fix the rooms upstairs so that Da and I shall be able to sleep there.  Abbey and her family shall have more room then.  Even though I will miss them, I shall be glad to have our own tenement.  Of course, I shall still be able to visit them.  Also, I shall use the downstairs rooms as my shop.  We shall be able to earn much more money this way.  I shall name my shop Isabel’s Dresses, for I shall be selling dresses and other clothes.  I hope I will succeed in creating my shop!

June 15, 1916

I finally have my own shop!  I had to sign many papers, but now, business is good.  Da and I have enough money for him to retire, but he still insists on working.  Oh well.  I guess there’s no arguing with him.  And one more thing.  Abbey visited today, and I was so glad to see her!  Her job is going well, and I hope that she will open her own business one day too.

July 4, 1916

Ivyheart has disappeared!  Da and I are so worried.  We have already searched for a hour, but we have not found her.  I can only hope for the best now.

No comments:

Post a Comment