Monday, September 10, 2012

Photo Album

  

Me(left), Annie(right), and Annette(center)


When Da was still in Europe, we sold our crops for a living.

Ma and Da, when they were younger.


The ship I took to America(above)



Can you imagine how many people are on the Hopeland?


This is Ivyheart, my cat.




Caroline, Anika, Samuel, and their Ma landing at Ellis Island


We have just arrived at Ellis Island.  I never could have imagined how many people there would be until I saw it with my own eyes.


Everyone in herded into this room for examination.  I had people wearing white clothing poke, pinch, and prod at my body with strange silver instruments.


The crowded streets that are NOT paved with gold(above)






Da and another man are buying food from a peddler.  The bread costs only 9 cents per loaf!






These are the children that go to the sewing mill with me.  I am the girl in the front row, 2nd from the left.  I have recently made friends with Sarah, who stands on the very right.


This is where Lillian, our boss, works.  A couple of men have just come in, demanding dresses for their wives.


This is our shabby tenement.  I am starting to think that America is no better than Bridgwater.





I have to walk down this dark, dreadful alley every day, just to get to Janah Seams.




These are Ivyheart’s kittens!  They are Leafkit (Top right), Flowerkit (Top left), and Hollykit (Bottom left).



This was my cake from when I was twelve years old.


This was the dress Da bought for me on my birthday.


These are some of the dresses that I sell.







These are some of the parasols I sell.




These are some of the hats that I sell.

No comments:

Post a Comment